up-grading FR coatings
Many building interiors feature wooden wall panelling to enhance the aesthetic. For safety reasons these surfaces require a coating that provides a barrier to fire propagation and spread of flame.
xerofire is the first high-performance furniture grade lacquer system that will upgrade a non fire-rated timber substrate to BS476 Part 6 and Part 7.
The benefits of using xerofire:
- The furniture grade quality of the finish
- Full compliance with BS476 Class 0 & Class 1 ( Exova Warrington Fire Test Certificates 315456 & 315457 dated 23rd Feb 2012)
- The ease and simplicity of the finishing process
A typical finishing system using xerofire on non fire-rated oak veneered MDF.
- Spray 1 coat of mixed xerofire base at 152 microns wet film thickness.
- Allow to dry for 3 hours and repeat.
- Leave overnight then denib with 320 grit abrasive.
- Spray 1 coat of mixed xerofire clear at 75 microns wet film thickness and allow to dry thoroughly or overnight before packing/shipment
( please refer to xerofire Technical Data Sheets and Material Safety Data Sheets prior to any finishing )
xerofire coverage ( based on 100% transfer efficiency )
- One 12 litre pack of mixed xerofire base will cover 36m2 in 2 coats.
- One 5 litre pack of mixed xerofire clear will cover 16m2 in 1 coats.
A clear 2 pack waterborne intumescent basecoat which expands to form a fire-retardant barrier.
|7XBA/800||Base part A|
|7XBB/400||Base part B|
( mix 8 litres of Part A with 4 litres of Part B – 10 hour pot life )
|Health & Safety and Data Sheets:|
A clear high performance furniture grade fire-retardant lacquer with exceptional clarity and high levels of physical & chemical resistance (FIRA 6250 Severe Use certified).
|7CAT/457||xerofire clear catalyst|
|7X07/457||xerofire clear thinner|
( mix4.5 litres clear with 0.5 litres catalyst – 36 hour pot life )
A clear 1 pack barrier coating for acid-sensitive timbers & fruitwoods.
Use to flush spray equipment prior to basecoating.