Sprayshop® Red Sprayable Contact Adhesive
Sprayshop® Red Sprayable Contact Adhesive is designed for both a hot or cold spray. It is a synthetic Polychloroprene rubber-phenolic resin adhesive in a flammable solvent. The product has been specially developed for flat lamination of kitchen worktops and post forming. Both high pressure laminates and continuous laminates can be bonded with this adhesive.
Normally applied cold using conventional low pressure spray equipment. It can however be applied hot. Application by brush is possible, but is not ideal. It an be applied by roller coater, but the viscosity may need adjustment. Doctor blade application is not recommended.
Directions for use
- To reach maximum bond strength, precondition the adhesive and the substrates at 15-20°C.
- Surfaces to be bonded should be clean and free from dust and grease.
- Stir the adhesive well before use.
- Carefully align the materials to be bonded before contact.
- Apply the adhesive as recommended above and press the surfaces together a maximum pressure consistent with the materials being bonded. Maximum adhesive performance is dependent on sufficient pressure being applied.
- Handling and trimming can be commenced immediately.
- Colour: Red
- Viscosity : approx. 150 cps
- Open Time: 2 - 7 minutes for 2 way stick
- Solids Content: 16% ± 1%
- Specific Gravity: 0.80
- Flash Point: -18°C
- Green Strength: High
- Solvent: Heptane, acetone, toulene
- Pack Size: 25L