Special APOA Hot Melt Adhesive
Sprayshop® Special APOA Hot Melt Adhesive is a high quality unfilled polyolefine hot melt adhesive for profile wrapping decorative foils to cores made of MDF, chipboard and solid wood.
The product has a low viscosity and is therefore particularly suited for light weight and difficult to apply paper foils. It has a short open time and excellent wetting properties.
Directions of Use
- Product must be applied in a uniform and continuous coat, with a glue thickness that is suitable for the materials to be bonded.
- Porous substrates require a higher glue coat, whilst thin material requires a lower coat to avoid telegraphing problems on the surface to the foil.
- To avoid irregular glue spread, and consequently bonding defects, regular checks should be made to ensure the glue roller is perfectly aligned.
- The quantity of the glue spread will regulate the open time of the adhesive - the higher the spread of the glue the longer the open time, and vice versa.
- The track speed should not normally be lower than 20 m/min. Low speeds may cause bonding problems due to the cooling of the adhesive.
- If slower speeds are required, use a heavier glue spread to increase the open time. The use of hot air blowers on the glue line will also improve the wettability of the adhesive.
Conditions of Use
- Humidity of materials: 8-12%
- Workplace/material temperature: 18-20°C
- Adhesive temperature at the application wheel: PVC foils: 180 - 200°C
Paper foils: 180 - 200°C
- Optimum track speed: 20 m/min minimum
- Glue spread: 50 - 90 g/m²
- Colour: Natural
- Viscosity @ 180°C/2 rpm: 14000 ± 500 mPa.s
- Melting point: 110°C ± 5
- Form: Pellets
- Pack Size: 25Kg