Sprayshop® Clear Edge Banding Hot Melt Adhesive
Sprayshop® Clear Edge Banding Hot Melt Adhesive is an EVA based, unfilled, high quality hot melt adhesive with a medium viscosity, high cohesive strength and good heat resistance, suitable for straight edging, contour edging and soft forming, where an indivisible glue line is required.
It is particularly suited to bonding edges in polyester, PVC, ABS and Veneer, whilst thick PVC edges can be bonded without visible glue lines.
Directions For Use
- Product must be applied in a uniform and continuous coat, with a glue thickness that is suitable for the materials to be bonded.
- Porous substrates require a higher glue coat, whilst thin edging material requires a lower coat to avoid telegraphing problems on the surface to the edge.
- To avoid irregular glue spread, and consequently bonding defects, regular checks should be made to ensure the glue roller is perfectly parallel with the panel edge.
- The quantity of the glue spread will regulate the open time of the adhesive - the higher the spread of the glue the longer the open time, and vice versa.
- Different edging materials perform in different ways. Before changing materials it is recommended that the adhesion be carefully checked. The heat resistance of the bonded material is strongly influenced by the characteristics of the edging material itself.
- If the edgebander is stopped temporarily, reduce the temperature of the hot melt pot by approximately 30-40°C to avoid oxidation problems and the formation of a crust on the surface of the glue.
Conditions of Use
- Humidity of materials: 8-12%
- Workplace/material temperature: 18-20°C
- Adhesive temperature: Roller - 200-220°C
Tank - 160-180°C
- Optimum track speed: 14-40 m/min
- Glue spread: 180-250 g/m²
- Pressure on rollers: 0.4-0.8 N/mm²
- Colour: Neutral/Clear
- Viscosity @ 220°C/2.5 rpm: 95000 mPa.s
- Melting Point: 112°C ± 2
- Form: Pellets
- Pack Size: 20Kg