Sprayshop® Fast Edge Band Hot Melt Adhesive
Sprayshop® Fast Edge Band Hot Melt Adhesive is an EVA based, high quality hot melt adhesive with a medium low viscosity, and high tack, specially developed for straight edging and soft forming. The product is a general purpose edge banding grade with good working and adhesive properties. It is ideal for use on a wide range of edge material and is particularly suited for the pre-coating of edging tape
- Humidity of materials must be between 8-12%
- Ambient temperature must be between 18-20°C
- Temperature of the adhesive: Roller - 190-210°C, Tank - 160-180°C
- Optimum track speed: 15-40 m/mi
- Glue spread: 180-250 g/m
- Pressure on rollers: 0.4-0.8 N/mm²
Directions for Use
- Product must be applied in a uniform and continuous coat
- Porous substrates require a higher glue coat, whilst thin edging material requires a lower coat to avoid telegraphing problems on the surface to the edge.
- To avoid irregular glue spread, and consequently bonding defects, regular checks should be made to ensure the glue roller is perfectly parallel with the panel edge.
- The quantity of the glue spread will regulate the open time of the adhesive - the higher the spread of the glue the longer the open time, and vice versa.
- Different edging materials perform in different ways. Before changing materials it is recommended that the adhesion be carefully checked. The heat resistance of the bonded material is strongly influenced by the characteristics of the edging material itself.
- If the edgebander is stopped temporarily, reduce the temperature of the hot melt pot by approximately 30-40°C to avoid oxidation problems and the formation of a crust on the surface of the glue.
- Colour: Neutral/White/Brown
- Viscosity @ 220°C/2.5 rpm: 40,000 - 60,000 mPa.s
- Melting Point: 93°C ± 2
- Form: Pellets
- Pack Size: 25kg