Sprayshop® HOLZ-HER Edgeband Hot Melt Adhesive
Sprayshop® HOLZ-HER Edgeband Hot Melt Adhesive is an EVA based, high quality hot melt adhesive with a medium viscosity, high hot tack and specially developed for use on HOLZ-HER edgebanders. It is particularly suited for bonding PVC, ABS and melamine edge tapes as well as real wood veneers and solid wood edges
Directions for Use
- Product must be applied in a uniform and continuous coat, with a glue thickness that is suitable for the materials to be bonded.
- Porous substrates require a higher glue coat, whilst thin edging material requires a lower coat to avoid telegraphing problems on the surface to the edge.
- To avoid irregular glue spread, and consequently bonding defects, regular checks should be made to ensure the glue roller is perfectly parallel with the panel edge.
- The quantity of the glue spread will regulate the open time of the adhesive - the higher the spread of the glue the longer the open time, and vice versa.
- Different edging materials perform in different ways. Before changing materials it is recommended that the adhesion be carefully checked.
- The heat resistance of the bonded material is strongly influenced by the characteristics of the edging material itself.
Conditions of Use
- Humidity of materials: 8-12%
- Workplace/material temperature: 18-20°C
- Adhesive temperature: 200°C -220°C
- Optimum track speed: 10-20 m/min
- Glue spread: 180-250 g/m²
- Pressure on rollers: 0.4-0.8 N/mm
- Colour: Neutral/White/Brown/Black
- Viscosity: 65,000 ± 500 mPa.s
- Melting Point: Approx 110°C ± 5
- Form: 330gm Cartridges
- Pack Size: 45 Cartridges