/900 Clear Ultra-High Solids Basecoat
A ultra-high build 90% solids two-pack basecoat designed for manual spray application. Formulated to provide a flat, high solids base with excellent flow and leveling properties, this basecoat sands easily and exhibits superb clarity to enhance the natural appearance of the substrate at high film weights.
It can be sprayed through normal cup guns and provides in two coats a completely filled, hard flat surface on veneered substrates, solid wood and MDF prior to overcoating with a topcoat from the Morrells range of Acid-Catalyst and Polyurethane topcoats.
This product can be used to reduce VOC emissions and is an alternative to VLi® Polyester Basecoats.
- Pack sizes: 5L
- Catalysis: 9 parts basecoat : 1 part catalyst by weight
- Pot life: 1 - 1½ hours @ 20°C
- Gel coat recoatable: 25 - 35 minutes @ 18°C
- Sandable: 16 - 24 hours @ 18°C
- Coverage: 20m² per 5 litres dependent upon the size, orientation and surface quality of the item being coated
- Typical finish A: 2 coats of /900 basecoat at 100g/m² per coat, followed by 2 coats any Morrells PU Lacquer at 100–130 g/m² per coat
- Typical finish B: 2–3 coats of /900 basecoat at 250–300g/m² per coat, under clear wet-look lacquers