induro® GP Seal Floor Sealer and Primer
This state-of-the-art wood warming waterborne floor sealer and primer is formulated to enhance the natural appearance and grain of all types of wooden flooring. Use before overcoating with induro® XL1, XL2, NATRO%, XLA or SPORT waterborne flooring lacquers for an extremely strong but flexible varnish with excellent clarity and strong chemical and mechanical resistance. Unlike other waterborne floor sealers available this product does not require the addition of an extra crosslinking additive.
If sealing a particularly oily or waxy wood such as tropical hardwoods, use induro® ISO Seal shellac-based sealer.
Morrells standard Light Fast range of stains give excellent grain definition and overall colour. Due to this range being spirit based (fast drying), care should be taken on application not to stain too large an area at once as this could lead to a patchy appearance once the stain is dry.
- Stain should be applied by brush/rag or mohair pad
- Remove excesses with a clean rag
It is important to remove as much excess floor stain as possible so as not to create a film as this could result in poor adhesion of subsequent coats of floor lacquer.
Stains intended for other uses i.e. decking, fencing, garden furniture etc should not be considered for floors as these will contain water-repelling properties, and therefore water based floor lacquers would not adhere to these stains.
Prior to starting the sanding process the floor should be checked for any protruding nail or screw heads and these should either be removed or countersunk. All wooden floors requiring a varnish finish will have to be sanded. Newly laid floors are sanded to achieve a nice level floor and old floors are sanded to remove existing finishes and to level out worn and heavily used areas.
Sanding will have to be carried out in several grit stages and this will be dependent on the unevenness and general condition of the floor.
induro® Floor Lacquer Application Tips
- Do not denib the floor sealer
- Denib between coats of induro® floor lacquers
- Avoid equipment containing copper, iron, zinc, aluminium and platinum
- Carry out an adhesion test on a small test area when overcoating non-induro® flooring products
- Use equipment solely nominated for waterborne products only
- Not suitable for pulling over
- Optimum application between 18°C and 22°C with good air movement and ventilation
- For professional use only
- After 80-100 grit sanding stage, mix induro® Mix'n'Fill filler with sanding dust and fill gaps smaller than 6mm
- Fill gaps larger than 6mm with Hot-Melt Filler or Morrells® One-Part Filler or Two-Part Filler
- Complete the sanding regime
- 1 coat of induro® GP Wood Floor Sealer at 130-150ml per m2 (Dry Film Thickness ~ 42μ)
- Do not sand or denib the GP Seal
- Overcoat with induro® Floor Lacquers
- Pack size: 5L
- Touch dry: 2 hours @ 18°C
- Recoatable: 2 hours @ 18°C
- Coats: 1
- Coverage: 40m² per 5 litres dependent upon the size, orientation and surface quality of the substrate