A dead-matt, 0% sheen fully crosslinked single-pack waterborne polyurethane offering enhanced performance compared to other single pack waterborne floor coatings. As induro® NATRO% comes fully crosslinked, there are no pot-life limitations.
NATR0 gives a natural, unfinished appearance yet is strong and flexible. Outstanding physical and chemical resistance makes induro® NATRO perfect for domestic areas of medium to high traffic. Use coat-on-coat or over induro® GP or EB seal for outstanding clarity and woodwarming.
Suitable for internal soft and hardwood flooring for domestic applications with medium to high traffic.
induro® is not suitable for areas where high levels of water are present, e.g. bathrooms and swimming pool walkways.
Prior to starting the sanding process the floor should be checked for any protruding nail or screw heads and these should either be removed or countersunk. All wooden floors requiring a finish will have to be sanded. Newly laid floors are sanded to achieve a nice level floor and old floors are sanded to remove existing finishes and to level out worn and heavily used areas.
Sanding will have to be carried out in several grit stages and this will be dependent on the unevenness and general condition of the floor.
Morrells standard Light Fast range of stains give excellent grain definition and overall colour. Due to this range being spirit based (fast drying), care should be taken on application not to stain too large an area at once as this could lead to a patchy appearance once the stain is dry.
- Stain should be applied by brush/rag or mohair pad
- Remove excesses with a clean rag
It is important to remove as much of excess stain as possible so as not to create a film as this could result in poor adhesion of subsequent coats of lacquer.
Stains intended for other uses i.e. decking, fencing, garden furniture etc should not be considered for floors as these will contain water-repelling properties, and therefore water based floor lacquers would not adhere to these stains.
- use a short mohair or similar roller, mohair flooring pad or T-bar applicator
- apply lacquer evenly and predominantly along the grain, making smooth passes with the roller/pad
- avoid pooling of lacquer
induro® Application Tips
- avoid equipment containing copper, iron, zinc, aluminium and platinum
- carry out an adhesion test on a small test area when overcoating non-induro® flooring products
- use equipment solely nominated for waterborne products only
- not suitable for pulling over
- optimum application between 18°C and 22°C with good air movement and ventilation
- for professional use only
- After 80-100 grit sanding stage, mix induro® Mix'n'Fill with sanding dust and fill gaps smaller than 6mm
- Fill gaps larger than 6mm with Hot-Melt Filler or Morrells® One-Part or Two-Part Filler
- Complete the sanding regime
- 1 coat of induro® GP Floor Sealer and Primer at 130-150ml per m2 (Dry Film Thickness ~ 42μm)
- Do not sand or denib the sealer coat
- Lightly sand between coats of NATRO% with rotary sander 150 - 180 grit mesh, then sweep and vacuum the floor
- 1-2 coats at 100-120mls/m2 per coat of induro® NATRO% lacquer (Dry Film Thickness ~ 30 - 35μ per coat)
- Pack size: 5L
- Touch dry: 20 - 30 minutes @ 18°C
- Sandable: 2 - 3 hours @ 18°C
- Recoatable: 2 - 3 hours @ 18°C
- Coats: 1 - 2
- Traffic: Medium to High
- Coverage: 40 - 50m² per 5 litres dependent on the method of application, porosity of the timber and type/desired finish