induro® XLMC PU
A gloss oil-free moisture-cured polyurethane lacquer for internal wood based floors, suitable for application by brush, roller or T-bar.
This material has excellent adhesion, abrasion and resistance properties, and will not chip or flake. Supplied ready for use.
Touch dry, sandable and recoatable times are dependant upon temperature, humidity and airflow.
- remove all traces of previously applied lacquers/waxes
- sand through with a range of grits, finishing with 120G
- sweep and vacuum all debris and dust (particularly between boards) from the surface
- apply the first coat of lacquer at between 6 – 8m² per litre and allow to dry for 3 – 5 hours
- denib the surface with 120 – 150 mesh screen, sweep and vacuum up dust
- apply second coat of lacquer at 10 – 12m² per litre
- if required a third coat can be applied, de-nib with 120 – 150 mesh screen before application
- Touch dry: ~1 hour
- Sandable: 3 – 5 hours
- Recoatable: ~8 hours
- Coverage: 30 - 40m² per 5L dependent upon the type and porosity of the surface
- Coats: 2-3 coats at 10-12m² per litre